What do all of our programmes offer?
Flexible delivery options
A NICE-aligned type 2 diabetes structured education (DSE) programme offering a personalised 1-2-1 programme of support to develop self-management skills. Designed to dramatically improve attendance levels and reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
Oviva are experts in delivering a new type of diabetes structured education service that provides support and knowledge for patients to help them better manage their condition, thus reducing their risk of developing complications and improving their health.
The programme combines information provision with ongoing behaviour change support to drive superior outcomes, with educators able to provide both specialist diabetes knowledge and brief psychological interventions to help patients develop self-management skills.
The curriculum is delivered remotely, via telephone or video call, and enhanced by access to the Oviva app, online learning platform and video resources.
- Personalised, 1:1 dietetic support, tailored to individual needs
- Highly accessible, via remote sessions and digital tools
- Effective at increasing confidence in self-management
- Multiple delivery formats dramatically increases attendance rates
- Intensive support for high risk patients helps lower medication spend and avoid costly diabetes complications
Oviva Diabetes is part of the Diabetes Digital Coach project, led by the West of England AHSN, aimed at providing new solutions to people with diabetes.
We’re delighted to be one of the first areas in the country to adopt this new technology, which gives patients with diabetes better control of their condition and access to personal coaching through their smartphone.
Dr Stuart Logan
Clinical lead for Long-term Conditions in Buckinghamshire
Milestones DM2 Tier 3 Weight Management
A NICE-aligned Tier 3 Weight Management (T3WM) service comprised of a multidisciplinary team of dietitians, nurses, psychologists, exercise therapists and endocrinologists, which combines the Oviva high-frequency remote approach with a total diet replacement programme. Designed to help people with type 2 diabetes lose over 15kg, improve blood sugar control, and potentially avoid costly bariatric surgery.
To have people free of diabetes after years with the condition is remarkable – and all because of an 8 week diet. This is a radical change in understanding type 2 diabetes.
Professor Roy Taylor
Lead investigator for the counterbalance study into VLCDs in type 2 diabetes
Oviva Tier 2 Weight Management
This programme of 1:1 personalised online coaching is designed to support pregnant women with a raised BMI to make sustainable lifestyle changes, reducing their risk of developing complications during pregnancy.
Oviva are experts in weight management, providing over 250 services across the UK, Switzerland, Germany and in the United Arab Emirates.
Our specialised, fully remote, 1:1 programme for pregnant women helps participants who are overweight or obese achieve sustainable lifestyle change through supportive online coaching, driving an average 7% bodyweight loss at 1 year.
- Personalised dietetic support, tailored to individual needs
- Highly accessible
- Effective, sustainable weight loss and better quality of life
- Remote approach with high-frequency support can dramatically increase patient volumes at half the per-patient delivery cost
- Health benefits of weight loss can help reduce service utilisation and medication costs
- Often, the specific needs of obese pregnant women are not being met. Our service can help improve these women’s health and reduce complications of pregnancy and childbirth
When the Oviva app was first suggested to me I was not keen as in the past food diaries have been a pain to complete and have been used as a weapon of ‘criticism’. I am so glad I agreed to give it a try. Using the app could not be easier – just take photos of your food on your phone and add notes if you’d like. Oviva is so much more than a food diary though – you can track your weight and activity levels and receive personalised feedback on your progress.
Community Paediatric Allergy Medicinies Management
This service is designed to address the challenges faced by parents and GPs in caring for infants with Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA).
Our dietitians visit GP practices to help patients access faster diagnosis and specialist allergy support, resulting in better quality of life, fewer A&E admissions and more accurate and efficient prescribing.
Up to 8% of infants suffer from cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA) which can cause stomach, breathing and skin problems. Most cases can be managed by GPs, though diagnosis can be challenging, sometimes causing distress for parents and infants due to delays in diagnosis, as well as excess secondary care referrals.
We have developed a community paediatric allergy medicines management dietetic service for CMPA to reduce formula feed prescribing costs, improve access to specialist care, and drive better patient outcomes.
- Better access to specialist allergy support
- Faster diagnosis and symptom resolution for infants, improving quality of life for the whole family
- Better infant outcomes as they are taken off inappropriate formulas sooner, reducing risk of weight gain and nutritional deficiencies
- Lower prescription costs from better diagnostic support and first line use of the appropriate, cost-effective, hypoallergenic formula
- Savings range from £50,000-100,000 for a typical CCG spending £250,000 p.a.
- Reduced demand at paediatric A&E and specialist secondary care allergy clinics
- Lower cost of service delivery using Oviva technology compared to standard face to face care
Using the Oviva smartphone app and electronic medical record in my role as Paediatric Prescribing Support Dietitian is essential to ensure I can review and provide follow up, whilst overcoming the usual barriers of travelling within a large area, clinic space and DNAs. Parents and carers find the app a convenient way to report symptoms and ask questions and as a result they receive high frequency follow up providing the support they require.
Clinical Lead for Paediatric Allergy
Oviva dietitians are experienced in providing treatment for all diet related conditions in both adults and children, including obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, digestive conditions and allergies.
Using the app and the feedback allowed me to make changes to my eating habits. I felt in charge of these changes and the coaching allowed me to set reasonable goals and achieve them. I have no hesitation in recommending Oviva – it worked for me!