Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme is part of a national programme. The free digital remote programme provided by Oviva offers personalised one-to-one support and expert advice over the phone or via our app. This support is provided by your personal coach from the comfort of your own home, at a time that suits you.
As part of the programme you will receive tailored support including guidance on eating healthy, managing weight and being more active.
How does it work?
The digital remote programme is offered over the phone, by video or via the app and is split into 3 stages:
○ Start: Initial one-to-one consultation with specialist Dietitian, to set goals and create an action plan
○ Change: 6 weeks of coaching with a personal health coach, to support you in the early stages of making changes to your lifestyle
○ Sustain: Monthly check-in with your health coach for the rest of the programme, to provide support and continue to build confidence in maintaining a healthier lifestyle long term
You’ll have lifelong access content and videos tailored to type 2 diabetes risk reduction, as well as our smartphone app to help track your progress, keep a food diary and speak to your coach during the programme.
“The programme was brilliant, the support was so helpful. The phone calls really helped to keep me on track – I am so pleased with the results. I have lost 10lb in 8 weeks and have not felt like I have been on a strict diet.”
Who is eligible to join?
The programme is available for people who
○ Are aged 18 years and over
○ Are registered with a GP practice in one of our delivery areas
○ Have high glucose levels
○ Are not pregnant
○ Have internet access and a personal email address