Croydon Tier 2 Weight Management Service
Sign up and be matched with your own health coach and receive personalised support to achieve your own weight loss goals during this free 12 week programme.
What is Oviva’s Tier 2 weight management programme?
Oviva Tier 2 Weight Management is a free programme, available on the NHS, that puts you in control of your health by offering personalised support led by a team of healthcare professionals. The 12-week programme aims to support you in losing weight, reducing your BMI and increasing your confidence in managing your weight.
When you join, we will discuss your needs and provide you with your own personalised healthcare plan that makes sense for you. You will have the choice to be matched with your own personal health coach or a coach-led support group to help you throughout your journey. You will also have the choice to receive support either via the Oviva app over secure app messaging, an in-person support group, or over phone/video calls.
- Service available for Black African and Black Caribbean communities that live or are registered with a GP practice in Croydon
- Adults 18 years and over
- BMI between 27.5 kg/m2 and 39.9 kg/m2
- There is no upper age limit, however appropriate support should be given to older adults participating in services considering the risk of muscle mass loss and potential inaccuracy of BMI in older adult
- Does not meet the eligibility criteria as defined above
- Has severe/moderate frailty as recorded on a frailty register
- Is pregnant
- Has a diagnosed eating disorder
- Has a significant unmanaged co-morbidity
- Has had bariatric surgery in the last two years
- Individuals enrolled in the Live Well Weight Management Programme
Why should I join?
Flexible personalised support from your health coach at a time that suits you. Care is tailored to your individual needs and background
Coaching delivered in your preferred style including: remote and in person pathways
Increase your confidence in managing your weight and creating long-term healthy habits
Free unique digital tools & resources for self-led learning to support behaviour change
I have learnt to live a healthier lifestyle. It’s a nice bonus when you are losing weight, but it is ultimately about feeling better about yourself and physically. The programme was easy to follow and changed my life in so many positive ways.
Luc, Oviva Weight Management participant
How can I join?
1. Check your BMI using the calculator below to see if you’re eligible
You must have a BMI reading of >27.
2. Contact your local GP or self-refer using our online referral form
Visit your GP practice where they can refer you onto our free programme or fill out the form below.
3. Start the programme
Once eligibility has been confirmed and you have been referred onto the programme, we will be in touch to book your first appointment.
Our pathways tailored to you
In-person group coach lead sessions
Oviva’s in-person coaching includes 6 face to face group sessions over 12 weeks, lead by an experienced health coach. You will also have access to the Oviva App, a coached app group chat, Oviva Learn platform or guidebook and webinars to support you on your journey.
You will have the choice between Oviva’s 1-1 or group pathway, coaching can be carried out over phone/video calls, or via the NHS-approved Oviva app over secure app messaging. You will also have access to the Oviva NHS-approved app and the Oviva Learn platform, to support you on your journey.
Check your BMI
To access the Oviva programme you need to have a BMI (body mass index) of 27.5 or higher. Check yours below before signing up to the programme.
Sign up today
Receive 12 weeks of free personalised coaching to receive personalised support and achieve your own weight loss goals!
Please note, this service is only available for people from Black African and Black Caribbean communities who live or are registered with a GP practice in Croydon.